About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Monday, June 8, 2009

God is in control.

I realized this morning that I was not letting God take control of a situation in our family.
Recently I felt the pull on my heart that God was leading me to home school my younger kids.
I think it came upon slowly, by God putting families, and children in my path that were home schooled and slowly changing my heart and opening me up to the idea.
Since I came to the conclusion that this is what God wants for us I have been pushing my husband to jump on board. Granted we are in different places in our walk with God, and maybe that has something to do with it, ,maybe not. Regardless, I have been asking Kevin to read articles and books on home schooling. He did read some yesterday but wasn't exactly what I would call willing and happy to do it.
This morning he told me that my approach was backfiring on me. I was pushing him to read or listen to things he didn't want to. It made me think about it. I am trying to control the situation. I am trying to change Kevin's heart and get him to agree to something. I have to keep in mind that if God wants this, he is going to change Kevin's heart about it. God can do that. Did I forget that? That GOD is in control? That God loves our kids more then we do? That I can just give this to God and let him take care of it? I guess I was thinking that if God wants me to do this, then I have to help Kevin want it to, I have to make it happen! That was wrong thinking. God is God and if he wants it, he'll make it happen. I need to give the controls to him and stop stressing myself out over it. I have been wondering why I've had a headache for the past two weeks. Maybe, just maybe this has something to do with it. Maybe if I hand the controls over to God my stress headache will go away. As Carrie Underwood would say, "Jesus take the wheel!"

3 comments:

Luanne said...

You are so right! If God wants you to homeschool, your husband will agree. If you tried to manipulate it happening--it is outside God's will. Praying for you.

Debbie Giese said...

Yeah. I agree with you and Luanne. And I probably would have done the same thing you are doing, take the responsibility for making it happen. I'm glad you heard Him speak to you.

Shelley said...

Not only is it right to not try and change Kevin's mind...my observation (as a former homeschooler and friend of many) is that if homeschooling isn't something your husband is 110% committed to - it is miserable.