About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What are you thinking?!

God is trying to get his point across on something. I just love how he works, he never ceases to amaze me! Yesterday, I wrote about the evil one and his lies. God was just laying it on my heart to not only speak those words to my friend, but to put it on my blog for someone else that needed it.

On Monday nights I go sit under a teaching of gal who knows her Jesus. Rhea has become a precious friend and mentor to me. 
She said she had a sermon all planned out for us, but that wasn't what God had planned.:)  He wanted her to speak to us about our minds and how we guard them.

She said a lot of similar things to what I wrote about yesterday, only she's tons better at teaching it then I am.

I wanted to add on to what I wrote yesterday because she shared too much good stuff not to!

Yesterday I shared  that we need not beleive Satan's lies, but to beleive God's truths and promises.

Rhea gave some great verses that go along with this so I have to share.


Proverbs 23:7~

For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.

What we think about, what we set our minds on, is what we become.  If we think on the lies, we become what the lies say we are. We live it.

We need to be purposeful/diligent about what we are thinking.

Proverbs 4:23~

Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life.



What do you think about during the day?

Rhea had a good word~  " Think on something that brings you LIFE, not DEATH!"

We need to set our minds on TRUTH.

Don't give the enemy access!  I am preaching to myself here!  

We need to line up our thinking with the word of God. If we don't know the word of God we need to get into it and get to know it, and get to know him, that's how we ward off the devil and his lies! We replace it with TRUTH!

There is a verse that I NEED to carry around with me. I have it laminated on my fridge and in my purse, and now I will have one pasted in my car!

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.

When I/you have bad thoughts, (LIES) come into your head, we need to line it up with God's word.
 
Go through the verse.
 Is what your thinking TRUTH?
Is it NOBLE?
Is it JUST?
Is it PURE?
How about LOVELY?
 
Chances are the thought doesn't match up and you need to cast it out and think on something that IS true, like some of the things I posted yesterday.
 
Rhea suggested buying a God's promises book and just meditating on some of those verses. What a great idea and easy to do!
 
Don't meditate on lies, or what other people have spoken over you. It is NOT TRUTH.
 
In the end, all that matters is what GOD thinks of  you and says about you, and he adores and loves you so much!

No comments: