About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bible in a year

I have joined a few women in reading the One Year chronological bible. Even though it's already the 10th, I wanted to share some things that I have either learned, "re-learned", or found interesting in my 10 days of reading so far.
*There were TWO trees in the middle of the garden that were forbidden.The tree of life, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
*Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge. ( I guess in the past, I only thought there was one forbidden tree?)
*The Lord God walked around in the garden and Adam and Eve hid from him. ( I found this very interesting! He WALKED around? So God was in the form of a human?)
*People before Noah lived 900+ years! Then when Noah was around 500 years old God said, "My spirit will not put up with humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh. In the future, their normal life span will be no more then 120 years."
*Noah's family was on the ark for a little over a year
*The rainbow is a sign that God will never again flood the earth to destroy all life.
*Once again,it says that God came to Abraham, came to his tent and ate, and told Abraham that Sarah was going to have a child. ( and Sarah laughed about this!) ( I am guessing he came in the form of man when he went visiting?)
*Both of Lots daughters got him drunk on purpose so they could have sex with their dad and get pregnant. ( I was very surprised by this!)
*Isaac married his cousin Rebekah
*Jacob married his cousins, Rachel, and Leah (what's the deal with marrying your cousins?)
*It was OK to have more then one wife, and if you couldn't conceive children the women let their husband sleep with their servants to have children. ( I was thinking about this, and how do the servants feel about being used for this then having to hand over their babies? and how do you deal with the fact of your husband sleeping with someone else?)
I just find these things strange and very interesting at the same time.
I am hoping that someone who reads my blog can give me some insight on some of the questions I have too!
Today I actually got ahead of myself reading and didn't even notice until I was on Jan 12th! It was so interesting I guess I wasn't paying attention to the dates!
I am enjoying reading the bible this way. I hope it stays fresh and interesting and God opens my eyes to more new things that I didn't know before.

No comments: