About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cancer free scan!

I am still basking in all God's love and faithfulness this morning.  I have had an overwhelming feeling to just get on my face and give him praise because he gets all the glory for this healing.
Praise God is all I can think about right now!
This has been just an amazing faith building week for me. God provided me with peace and love letters all week leading up to the scan, comforting me with his love and telling me not to fear. No matter what the results would be, not to fear, that he loved me, and he loved my husband and my kids. I took my Pastor and friend Tommy's advice and lived out what I believe, that God is loving and whatever happens it was for my good. God got me through a very tough week with a peace that I can't even explain. One day that evil one tried to mess with my faith, but God's word and my faithful sisters in Christ got me through that.
Kevin and I actually had a wonderful 24 hours with our trip to mayo. We had 9 hours of drive time to talk. Kevin said we probably got two months worth of talking in, in that time we spent together. We stayed at a different hotel, (one that had no bad memories of feeding tubes!) and had a nice comfy bed. On Mon morning when my scan was over we went back to the hotel and talked more, about God and how he is changing us for the better because of the cancer that I once had. How he was using it to make us better people, and how we shouldn't leave mayo without being changed, no matter what the results were. We had a wonderful relaxing day waiting for my apt with Dr. Moore. We had a very yummy Italian lunch at Victoria's, (thanks mom) and  we had almost 2 hours to sit in comfy chairs at Starbucks and just enjoy each others company. At Starbucks, it was getting near to apt time, I started to get that little knot in my stomach,  I pulled out my little bible and read some verses that I had marked from previous trips to mayo and read them to Kevin~

" I am the God of your father Abraham, Do not be afraid, for I am with you, I will bless  you" Genesis 26:26

" Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today!" Exodus 14:13

" Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you: he will never leave you or forsake you"  Deut 31:6

" You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions, stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you." 2 Chronicles 20:17

I felt peace. God was with us. I was praying and believing God that he had already answered all the prayers.

I remembered what I told Jake the day before, we were looking at my daily calender and it had a verse from Mark on it, ~  "If you can?" Said Jesus. Everything is possible for him who believes."  Jake and I read that I told him, pray to God for a clean scan, and then thank him for answering the prayer.  I praise God he answered so many peoples prayers yesterday. Hallelujah!!

The appointment went really well. I have a heart for these two doctors and can't help but smile when they come in the room.
Eli is Dr. Moore's PA, he usually comes in first. He asked how I was and what was new and I told him about the liver spot. He looked at my PET scan on the computer and just smiled. Nothing was lit up on or around my liver. There was a spot on it, but it's not cancer. Don't know what it is and frankly, today, I don't care! As long as it's not cancer! 
He said what was lit up on the left tongue base was exactly the same as last time, and they think that is nothing but that side of my tongue overcompensating for all that was removed on the right side.
Dr. Moore came in after , gave me another exam, felt everything, said everything looks really good. He said the same as Eli that what was lit up on the left is nothing, he doesn't feel need to biopsy it, and he said when I come back in 3 months which will be ONE YEAR from my surgery date, I need NO SCAN. Praise God again! 
Kevin had to get a picture of me smiling after that news. Our faithful God was all I could think about.
We had a safe drive home, came home to sick kids with fevers, but that's OK. Good to be home with our babies and know that I have more days to spend with them.
Thank you every single one of you for praying. God heard your prayers and he answered.

Nothing is impossible with God!!  Luke 1:37

love you all!!!!  

No comments: