About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Faith in healing

I am STILL having ear pain.   This has been going on for a bit too long if you ask me. I went through the whole thing with the tooth, and most of us thought the ear pain was probably from the wisdom tooth. Well that tooth is gone now.  The root is still left in there, and to be honest, I can't tell if the pain under my jaw is from the tooth still not being all the way healed, or if it's from my surgery, because my right ear, jaw, shoulder and part of my chest have all been numb and painful to the touch since surgery, so it's really hard to tell!
I saw the Ent here at home on the 23rd of Aug about the ear pain, he looked in my ear, did a test for fluid and pressure and found nothing. He scoped my nose and throat, and said my throat and tongue all looked great. He thought maybe the ear pain was from my Eustachian tube not working correctly because of my throat muscles not working correctly, so he put me on a nasal steroid and said if it's not better in a month to come in and he'll do a CT scan of my head and neck again. That same week I called Mayo, but never heard back from them.
This past week, I was doing my bible study and came across this verse in Psalms.

Psalm 103:1-5 (New International Version)



Psalm 103

Of David.

1 Praise the LORD, O my soul;

all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

2 Praise the LORD, O my soul,

and forget not all his benefits-



3 who forgives all your sins

and heals all your diseases,



4 who redeems your life from the pit

and crowns you with love and compassion,



5 who satisfies your desires with good things

so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

 
Then I looked up at my devotional calender I have on my desk and put it to the right day, and yet another Psalm!
 
Psalm 40:1-3 (New International Version)



Psalm 40

For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;

he turned to me and heard my cry.

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,

out of the mud and mire;

he set my feet on a rock

and gave me a firm place to stand.



3 He put a new song in my mouth,

a hymn of praise to our God.

Many will see and fear

and put their trust in the LORD.

 
I felt he was trying to tell me something. "Quit worrying about your ear. I  heard your cry, I healed your disease, I pulled you out of the pit and put a new song in your mouth!"
 
When things like that happen to me, it's not coincidence. It's God trying to speak to me.
 
I've been doing my daily bible reading in Mark.
There is so much on Jesus healing in Mark, I'm sure I read something daily on healing!
 
Here's something from Mark 5, in the commentary- " Dont' be afraid, just believe" In Jesus there is both hope and promise. The next time you feel  hopeless and afraid look at your problems from Jesus point of view. then don't be afraid, just have faith!"
 
 
Reading that Jesus is so compassionate, that he heals people because of his compassion on them is a soothing thought to me.
 
Here's more from the commentary in Mark 6 " Jesus does not ignore needs, however. He is concerned with every aspect of our lives!
Thank you Jesus!! That right there is something to praise him for. He is concerned with everything about our lives!
 
Then in verse 9-  it says says we have no excuse for our unbelief.  Hmmmm.
 
Then later in Mark there is a demon possessed boy, and the father says, " IF you can do anything, take pity on us and help us"
Jesus said, " IF YOU CAN?? Everything is possible for him who believes!"
 
Sounds to me like Jesus was a bit irritated at first that the boys fathers said "IF you can". Of course he can!
 
But what hit me was what the father said after that,  " I do believe! help me overcome my unbelief!"
 
That is how I feel.  If Jesus were in my house, I'd touch his cloak and believe that i was healed. Cause I KNOW he can. So why do I worry about this ear pain? I don't need him to physically walk through my door so I can touch his robe and know I am healed. He's always here, and I just need to believe it. He healed me. He wouldn't have led me not to have radiation if I was not healed. So Lord Jesus, help me overcome my unbelief!!
 
When I worry, he always leads me to  not worry. He gives me things in bible study, on my calender, in my daily reading. What more could I ask for??
 
So if you could, when you are praying, add me to your list. Pray for my belief in my healer and for the ear pain to go away. :)
 
love you!
 

No comments: