About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Sunday, June 13, 2010

Good to be home!

I thought I'd post a quick update. I pretty much feel like I am in a drug coma right now, the pain is pretty bad both when swallowing and my neck is quite sore, so I'm taking my max of pain medication right now. I don't really like using it because of the way it makes me feel, but I guess it's either feel funny or feel pain so I 'll take the feeling funny right now.
This entire week seemed like such a whirlwind! I can't believe the surgery is over and I am home recovering. Seems miraculous to me!  We left last Sunday afternoon for MN not really knowing what to expect, not knowing what these doctors would have to say and came home cancer free!
I'm sure later I will write more of my experience with mayo clinic but for now I will just say the doctors that took care of me were fantastic. Very very smart guys!!  I'm so very thankful for them for saving my life!

I am NOT liking this feeding tube business one bit. I know, I shouldn't complain. I left home with cancer and came home with a feeding tube, what am I complaining about?!
It's just a pain in the rear. I feel like the back of my throat is covered with thick saliva and I can't do a thing about it. The food I take in the tube goes right through me! I don't like it! lol.
But I will make it through this recovery! It's frustrating to not be able to talk. I guess the deal with that is, it's not just because my tongue is swollen from the surgery of the tongue itself, but that they have to put a device in my mouth to push my tongue down during surgery, and he said my mouth is very small, (who would have thought this?) So it compressed my tongue so much that it made it swell even more, so I feel like I have a big piece of meat in my mouth that I can't move around!  When I try to talk, I spit, which isn't a real pleasant thing for someone who is having a conversation with me. Plus, you can't really understand a word I say. Well, actually Kevin seems to be getting pretty good at it! He would even tell the nurses my pain levels at the hospital. lol.
My family was simply amazing while I was in the hospital. My sister and dad just took on these kids, I don't know how they did it!! Even two nights Kevin slept next to me in a chair at the hospital and my dad and sister stayed at the hotel with the kids. That is a huge job!!! I bet they are so glad to be home!! Kevin was a trooper for me, sleeping  in a chair next to me in the hospital, holding my hand all night. How many husbands do that?! I know the girl next to me did not! That was another weird thing, having to share a room at a hospital. I guess I've been spoiled here with all four of my kids I never had to share a hospital room! I'm sure the poor women enjoyed listening to me vomit. lol.
So I think I'll head back to my chair now and relax. God is amazing. He has allowed my body to be totally healed from cancer without radiation or chemo. He answered lots and lots of people's prays this past week. Thank you Lord Jesus. I hope to grow old and gray and see my kids babies someday!!


O LORD, you are my God;
       I will exalt you and praise your name,
       for in perfect faithfulness
       you have done marvelous things,
       things planned long ago.

Isaiah 25:1


No comments: