About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mars Hill church

I have a new addiction but I think it's a good one. Listening to Sermons from Mars Hill Church. Pastor Mark Driscoll is an awesome speaker.
A friend of mine from a message board led me to watch some sermons on marriage from this church. That is where it all started. He has SO many great sermons!! I would be switching Church's in a min if he weren't in Seattle! No offense to my church but this is the kind of speaking I need in my Christian walk. The one I listened to this morning was this~ On Self Indulgence. Unfortunately that is one of my big sins. I have a hard time with self control when it comes to pleasure and indulging myself. Kevin and I were just talking about it this weekend, how I can get off my food addiction and put Jesus first. Mark pretty much nailed it for me this morning.You either love Jesus or you don't. If you DO then your life should show change. If there's no change, you don't know Jesus and you are not saved. Plain and simple. Get to the changing Amy. Exactly what I needed this morning. God is faithful because he has been convicting me of my sin, and he brought me to a sermon this morning to put it very black and white for me. You love me? You give up your idols. Period. Wow. Thanks God.
I think I've been looking for excuses not to do it. I don't know why, but it just seems to hard to give up self. It IS hard. But is Jesus worth it? I'm quite sure he is.
If you want to grow in your walk with Christ go listen to some sermons from this church.
The one on marriage is the Peasant Princess and it is a pretty awesome series too! Kevin and are currently listening to those too! :)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Crazy how listening to sermons can get addicting, isn't it?! Definitely not a bad thing. We often choose sermons over music when riding in the car!

Kristin said...

..and just wanted to add, that I'm glad you have been blessed by this stuff as well!!!