About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Sunday, March 20, 2011

Looking back

I was just scanning through my blog because someone said they couldn't see old posts, so I wanted to see if they were still there.


I came across this one~

http://insanelyblessed.blogspot.com/2010/07/radiation.html



This was back in July when I was told that I had to have radiation. What struck me while reading this was that at the end of the post I asked for prayers, that God would spare me from some of the bad side effects of radiation. God sure answered those prayers. He not only spared me from some of the bad side effects of radiation, he spared me from radiation all together! God has been so good to me. It's hard to go back and read some of those posts because it brings me right back into those days when I felt scared and alone, but going back to it now, I can also see where God was in it, and I didn't notice it at the time because I was so caught up in the moment. So reminds me of the footprints poem and picture. At the time I felt alone, he was there carrying me and I didn't even know it. He was blessing me when I was in the midst of feeling abandon.

The day I wrote that post I had no idea that I wasn't going to end up having radiation, but he knew. He was probably smiling when he heard those prayers not to make radiation side effects too bad. Isn't that just like a daddy to do that? Give us more then we ask for?

Sometimes when it seems like you are alone, or that God isn't hearing your prayers, don't lose heart. He's there, he hears our prayers and he may just bless you with more then you ask for!

No comments: