About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Peace

God has provided me with some time this morning to read my bible and blog. Lately my kids have been getting up at the crack of dawn and not giving me much quiet time, so this is a blessing, and one I really needed too!
I like how I say that I want to blog more in one post, and God gives me reason to blog. I love how when I'm struggling going through a bible study with eating and I ask God to give me more love for him, to soften my heart so I care more about what I am eating, bbecause if I love God like I say I do, I want to obey him, and I want to love HIM more then food,  so he gives me reasons to love him more. God is so faithful.
Last week I had a cat scan of my abdomen done because my bilirubin levels were elevated, yesterday the doctor called, and said that there is a spot on my liver that they don't know what it is. He said the radiologist suggests a PET scan on it. Well, what do you know, I am having a PET scan next Monday at Mayo for my follow up. So I guess while they are looking at my head and neck, they can look at my liver too.  When my doctor told me that, my heart sunk. Fear set in. Worry set in. Unbelief set in.  I sent out my prayer requests to friends and family.
This morning, when I got up, I grabbed my bible and books and went to the couch. Usually I would check my mail first, but not today.
I prayed and ask God to speak to me about this. Again, he is faithful.  I literally stuck my fingers in my bible and picked a page. Ended up in Hebrews 3.  I won't give it to you verse by verse, but tell you what I got out of it.

~ Fix your thoughts on Jesus.
~ Warning on unbelief- See to it brothers, that none of you has a sinful unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God.
~ We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.

~ God's rest means peace  with God NOW because of our relationship with Christ through faith.
~ By rejecting God's provision (Christ) and not enduring in our faith, we miss the opportunity for spiritual rest.

My pastor Tommy has been doing a sermon series called the The belief project. He's has said every week now, " What we believe fully effects how we live our life"  Am I living what I believe if I worry about this? No. Because I believe that God is in charge of my life, and I believe that God loves me, and will only allow what is for my good and for his glory. That is what I believe, so why would I worry? God loves me and is in charge. So I need to act on that belief, live it, breathe it, and have peace. He's given me the gift of peace, am I going to take it? Or sit here for the next 6 days and worry? How silly would that be.
It's so obvious that God is near, and that people were praying for me last night, because this morning I have a completely different frame of mind then I did when I went to bed.
After reading my bible this morning I read a different devotional book I have called Jesus Calling, this book is written like it's Jesus talking to you. Open to March 1st, what does it say? (You should love this one, I sure did! God speaks again!)

March 1st-

WHEN SOMETHING IN YOUR LIFE OR THOUGHTS makes you anxious, come to ME and talk about it. Bring me your prayer and petition with Thanksgiving saying " Thank you Jesus, for this opportunity to TRUST you more." Though the lessons of trust that I send to you come wrapped in difficulties, the benefits far outweigh the cost.
Well developed trust will bring you many blessings, not the least of which is my peace. I have promised to keep you in perfect peace to the extent that you trust in me.
The world has it backwards, teaching that peace is the result of having enough money, possessions, insurance, and security systems.MY peace however, is such an all encompassing gift that it is independent of all circumstances. Though you lose everything else, if you gain My peace you are rich indeed. 

Ahhhh............ 
there it is friends. If I trust in him, I will have peace. Am I going to live and act on what I believe? I am sure going to try!!
That is my request for prayer this week, pray that I live out what I believe. That I have peace like a river, that I trust in God with my life and with my family, and of course, for a cancer free scan next Monday.
Have a peace filled day my sweet friends. God is in control.  xo

No comments: