About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"He's got this"

I wrote some yesterday on how our Pastor talked about Jesus and how we don't live in the power that is available to us as Christians.
He also talked about God's sovereignty, and how God is sovereign over ALL things.  What I loved was how Tommy said, "He's got this". God's got this, he knows what he's doing with this world, we don't have to worry, or give God advice, He's got it. We may not like the way God rolls, or how he does things, most of the time our small human minds just can't comprehend God's ways. We don't understand why their is sickness, cancer, tragedies, we don't understand, but regardless if we understand or not, he's in control. He's got this. :)

I have this image in my mind of God sitting on his throne, and Jesus beside him on his throne. It's a humbling thought.
I always knew God was in charge of things, but I tend to "forget" how in charge he is.
After my cancer, I thought, I better "take charge" of my health here. I did not do a very good job in the past so I better start doing what I can to keep myself alive. Ha! What was I thinking?
I am not saying we shouldn't take care of ourselves, by all means, we are commanded to take care of these bodies!! Keep them healthy and functioning well so we can serve the Lord!! So yes, we should exercise, and yes we should eat right, and take some supplements, Just do things to keep the body running well and keep us feeling well so we can serve him,  but WE are not going to to keep us alive.
I was humbled, brought to my knees (actually my face) in the past few weeks with how in charge God is.
As I wrote about yesterday  my friend Sarah was re-diagnosed with cancer. Sarah took good care of herself and her family. She did everything a person could to take care of her body, and yet, her cancer came back.
All I could think was, " God is on his throne". He's in charge.  Sarah did was she was supposed to do, she took care of her body, but it's still God's decision what happens with her body.  I am believing for Sarah that God has "got this" . I am believing that he knows what he's doing with this, even though I absolutely hate the fact that my friend and her family are going through this again.
HE is in charge.
He's in charge in the big things, like our health and life, and the little details of how we live our lives, if we let him.
I've been being convicted about our giving to the church for a good few months. One night our ladies bible study just spent the night praying over the church, and the biggest burden God laid on my heart that night was my pastor and his family, and the finances of the church. It has never left my mind. This past Sunday Tommy spoke of how our church was short money the past month, and that his family ends up sacrificing for that.  This simply brought me to tears.  This shouldn't be.  Our pastor never, ever talks about giving money. Never. So please don't get the wrong idea of that. Our church is small, and God expects us to give. After all it's his money in the first place.  I've been struggling with this in my mind for the last month or so how we can give more. Do we sell our house? Because honestly, does a Christian family need this size of house? Do we share the house with others? Do I get a job? Since Sunday, my mind has been racing even more, more like fretting about it. I'm trying to think of what we need to do to "fix" this situation.
This morning I pull out the daily devotional once again, and God speaks. ( I know, surprise surprise) I'm  actually going to give you the kids version of the devotional cause it's easy to understand and to the point, here it is~

I AM ENOUGH

But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well. 
Luke 12:31
 
I am all around you. Even when you don't notice me, I am here.
 
You may not notice Me because your mind is tied up with other things.  Like WORRY. Alot of people believe that worry is just a part of life. But they are wrong. Worry is actually a kind of unbelief, (ouch) Worrying says you don't believe I am big enough to take care of whatever it is that upsets you so much. Worrying says you think I need your help.
Wrong! I am big enough. I am strong enough. I love you enough. Bring your problems to Me. You can trust Me to take care of you- and whatever you are worrying about!
 
Well then! God speaks!
 
Basically what this said to me was quit worrying and fretting over it, and pray to me!! Ask Me what you should do about your giving! Oh yeah, how could I have forgotten that huge part? Give it to the Lord and he will show us what to do! OK then! What a load off my back. " HE'S GOT IT!"
 
The devotional did also lead me to reading in Luke this morning and here is something the commentary says about money. It's something to think about.
 
It's from Verse 12:33-
Money seen as and end in itself quickly traps us and cuts us off from both God and the needy. The key to using money wisely is to see how much we can use for GOD'S PURPOSES, not how much we can accumulate for ourselves. Does God's love touch your wallet? Does your money free you to help others?? If so, you are storing up lasting treasures in heaven. If your financial goals and possessions hinder you from giving generously, loving others, or serving God, sell what you must to bring your life into line with his purposes.
 
Pretty heavy stuff this morning!!  I am not sure I can even sum it all up!
 
~God is in control. That's one important fact. He reigns. Someday every knee will bow to him.  Someday we will stand before him, or should I say get on our knees before him, or maybe even lay on our face before him. 
~ He is not only in control, and "has it" but he loves us so deeply. We sometimes can't see it, we don't "understand" why he allows things, but he loves his children. We are his adopted children, and he loves us so much.
~ We must remember to pray, to give things to him. He can handle what we can't. Instead of worrying, we need to pray, hand it over to him, and let him show us what to do.
~ We must remember that our money is his. It is to be used for the kingdom and glory of God. We are to use our money to help others. Live our lives to help and serve others. Be God's hands and feet. Show people Christ through our lives.
 
Have a blessed day. No worrying- pray!!

No comments: