About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Monday, June 6, 2011

Overcomers

I've been wanting to blog about this for weeks!!! It's just so hard to get "quiet time" to actually sit and think and express my thoughts with kids running around, God is giving me much time this morning to write, thank you Lord!!
This realization of being an "over comer" is something God has been working on with me a lot lately. I think it all started with the bible study that I wanted to back out of called Craving God. It's a bible study about craving God instead of food all the time for comfort or whatever we tend to use food for. I know I blogged about it, once I started reading the book I wanted to quit the study but I couldn't cause I was the host of it at my house! lol.  I learned a lot through the study, but the one huge thing I didn't get from it was what I am about to share about us being over comers. That bible study was just a smidge of what God wanted to teach me.
The whole "over comer" thing started with our Easter sermon. What a fabulous sermon it was. Easter is all about Jesus rising from the dead. Our pastor explained how we celebrate Easter Sunday and tend to "look back" upon Christ rising from the dead as something that happened a long time ago, not for how it effects us TODAY.
It's not about what he "did" 2,000 years ago, but about the resurrection today. It's about something that is happening in my life TODAY
We receive what that resurrection gave, what the resurrection meant, we are given life.
Jesus is ALIVE. That which was dead is alive!
We are partakers in the resurrection, we get life from death.
We were dead in sin, but because of Jesus rising, we don't have to live that defeated life dead in sin.

As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,  Ephesians 2:1

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,  made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.  And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,


Ephesians 2:4-6

We need to yield ourselves to the resurrection power. We are set free by the power of the holy presence of God.
Because Jesus won a victory, we have been given victory too!! Jesus tells us to Stand Strong!!
We are over comers!

We need to believe in a RISEN savior, and live like he has risen!!  Jesus overcame the grave, and the power that rose Jesus from the dead lives in us who believe!! That's a pretty big power that we have living inside of us!

Some of Christians (myself included!) don't (or didn't) understand the power of the risen Christ. We live as though we are defeated, walking around chained to sin that we don't need to be chained to!
We act as if Christ is still laying in the grave! He is not!
Jesus is risen, ruling, glorifying, victorious KING!! He's sitting on the right hand of God, on his THRONE! We've lost sight to where Christ is NOW!
Yes it's good to think about how much he suffered, and was beaten and nailed to a cross, however, we need to remember that he is risen, and he was glorified after he was risen, he walked through walls!

I was one to walk around thinking I was defeated, that Satan had me trapped in my sin of over eating, of not having self control, that was a LIE!! In my own power I can't do it, but with  Jesus I CAN overcome sin. All of us who are believers have the holy spirit in us, God has already killed your sin, so you can stop staying chained to!! Throw it off!  How freeing is that??!!!



No comments: