About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Thursday, August 4, 2011

Acknowledging HIM for answers.

I wrote about this a few posts back, and asked for prayer. We are still undecided on whether to homeschool agian this year or to send them. If they go, they would start Aug 24th which is coming up pretty quickly. Of course I've been fretting a bit over this and looking for an answer from the Lord as to what we should do. This is our kids lives here and I don't want to mess it up. lol.
This morning I was praying about it, and I was reading in Proverbs and God spoke to me. No I didn't get an answer yet, but I think it's on it's way. :)

Something awesome about this is, I was not reading proverbs latley. I actually do a devotional, read the verses that go with that, then I was reading in Isaiah.  A few days ago Jake had breakfast with our friend and Pastor Jonathan,he is so graciously taking time to disciple Jake, and he suggested to Jake that he read a Proverbs a day. Jake is doing it, and I thought, I think i'll do it too! Thank you Jonathan. God speaks. :)


Here's what I was reading ~

Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the Lord with all your heart.

Lean not on your own understanding.
 
Commentary~
 
Leaning has the sense of putting your whole weight on something, resting on and trusting in that person or thing. When we have an important decision to make, we sometimes feel that we can't trust anyone, not even God. But God knows what is best for us. He is a better judge of what we want then even we are!
We must trust him completely in every choice we make. We should not omit careful thinking or belittle our God given ability to reason, but we should not trust in our own ideas to the exclusion of all others. We must not be wise in our own eyes. We should always be willing to listen to and be corrected by Gods workd and wise counselors. Bring your decisions to God in prayer, use the bible as your guide, and then follow God's leading. He will make your paths straight by both guiding and protecting you.

( I remember using this very verse when I was in panic mode a year ago trying to decide if I should do radiation or not. God came through with an answer, so I can trust he will come through again.)  :)


Proverbs 3:6

in all your ways acknowledge him,

and he will make your paths straight.
 
 
The commentary below is really good, this is what it said~
 
To receive God's guidance, said Solomon, we must acknowledge God in ALL our ways. This means turning every area of life over to him. About a thousand years later, Jesus emphasized this same truth. (Matthew 6:33) Look at your values and priorities. What is important to you? In what areas have you not acknowledged him? What is his advice? In many areas of your lifeyou may already acknowledge God, but it is in the areas where you attempt to restrict or ignore his influence that will cause you grief.
Make him a vital part of everything you do, then he will guide you because you will be working to accomplish HIS purposes.
 
I think that's a super start to getting an answer. After all, these are his kids, that he has given me to raise up.
What does HE want for them?  It doesn't matter what I want or what Kevin wants. It's what God wants for these children.
 I can say pretty easily, I am not good at this homeschooling thing. Cause, well, I'm not! I'm not a disciplined mom to begin with, so I'm really no good putting on a teacher hat. I can also say that selfishly, it would be nice to not have to deal with it. lol. Not to have to deal with fighting with them dailyto get them to do school.  To have time to do other things. But at the same time, I know I would miss them, and wonder, Is this the right choice? How will the influences around them effect them? I can't base this decision on what I think is right for them.
 
God knows all the answers. I just need to keep praying until the answer comes.
 
If you would, pray with us.  :) 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look, you know homeschooling is the best for the kids. The reason you struggle is homeschooling is not the best for you, your time, or your own lifestyle. Quit the bogus, self-righteous parade of emotion and be truthful. You don't want to homeschool. Pray about that, for strength to do it, but don't lie saying you don't know what is right, unless of course you really do not know what is right or wrong. Is your excuse you don't think God wants you to homeschool? Please! Such an excuse is nothing more than a pious attempt to revel the troops in some prayer pursuit so you can seek solace from your cohorts who support your decision not to do God's will and what is best for your kids at the cost of your own lifestyle. Quit blaming God for the weakness of your own flesh. A disciple sucks it up and gives their life (lifestyle) for the brethren...starting with their own kids! Admit it, your flesh would rather get the kids out of the house, so don't blame God saying He is not giving you an answer. If He isn't, your bigger problem is why isn't He talking to you. Why would your Father ignore you? If you are truly His, then He isn't talking to you because He already has..."you already know" the answer. Our Father is not going to placate you or honor your self-righteous fib. Again, if you decide not to homeschool it's because you don't want to, not because homeschooling isn't the right thing to do– and you know it!