About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Monday, July 11, 2011

If you don't know him.

I am really writing this post for a life long friend of mine who I love and adore so much. Yes, I could have just emailed her but I want to share it because I have no idea who all reads my blog and I think God wants someone else to know this information besides her.
This weekend my friend and I had a discussion about a little boy who was in a bike accident and died. It was obviously tragic. I'm sure it was and is a horrible experience for the family of this little boy. My friend attended the funeral of this boy because she works with the father.  My sweet friend doesn't understand the whole "God thing" as she puts it. :)  I love you friend.
So, as she was telling me about the funeral of this boy, she said that the dad was happy and smiling at the funeral. That he asked her if she'd like to meet his little boy and led them to the body of the boy in the casket.
Obviously this would bring anyone to tears, especially those of who have children and the thoughts go through your head about losing your own children as you look at someone elses. She said that the family had some "religion" that she was not sure what it was, but to her it seems crazy that the dad could be there happy and smiling. Maybe that's what some people think of us Christians, "crazy". But I hope that after they have that thought that we are crazy, that they might have a second thought in their mind, maybe that they wonder where that hope comes from, and maybe pursue it and find out.
This morning I was led to read in 2 Samuel, chapter 22.

I was reading verse 31~

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless.
HE is a shield for ALL who take refuge in him.

Shield was the word that really hit me.  He IS our shield. Just like the first week when I found out I had cancer and I had a strange peace about it, that was God shielding me. Giving me peace.

Here's some of Websters definitions of Shield~

1. (n.) A broad piece of defensive armor, carried on the arm, -- formerly in general use in war, for the protection of the body.



2. (n.) Anything which protects or defends; defense; shelter; protection.



3. (n.) Figuratively, one who protects or defends.



 


 
4. (n.) To cover with, or as with, a shield; to cover from danger; to defend; to protect from assault or injury.



5. (n.) To ward off; to keep off or out.


 
This is what God does for those of us crazy Christians. He's a shield for us. How could that man stand there at his little son's funeral with a smile?
Well, for one, his son is in a much better place then this. He's in heaven and won't have to deal with any of the junk that goes on in this world.
But the other reason is that that man has hope in our Lord, and God has given him the peace that transcends all understanding.
 
Philippians 4:7

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


God has given that father peace about his sons death. God can do that. Give us peace and the world that doesn't know Christ, doesn't understand it, but sometimes, it will lead some to want it. That man is a light for Christ, showing people God's peace.

Does it mean that the father isn't heartbroken that he has lost his son? No. I'm sure he's devastated and misses his son like crazy, does it mean that us Christians are not bothered if we lose children? Of course not! I pray for my chidrens saftey and health all the time.
But when tradjedy does strike us, we have hope in the Lord, and a peace in our heart. Isn't that something worth seeking?
My friend said, " It's just not right that God would take an 8 year old boy". No life isn't fair. Here on this earth full of sin, it stinks. 
I don't beleive God "took" him. I beleive God "allowed" it to happen.  But not to punish his parents or siblings. When you read the bible, and get to know our God, you will know he's nothing but a loving God.
Not only is he loving, but his ways are perfect.

Which was the first verse I read this morning.

2 Samuel 22:31-
As for God, his ways are perfect.

It's hard for our little minds to grasp the greatness of God. He is our daddy who loves us dearly and only wants the best for us, and allows things in our lives that make us grow, and bring us closer to HIM.
If your a parent you will understand. Sometimes we do things that hurt our children, but it's only for their own good. At the time, our children think we are "stupid" and "mean", and they just don't understand our logic! But we know, we are only doing it or allowing it for their own good. We love them.
That's how it is with God. He's our big daddy that loves us more then we know. He loves that little boy more then his parents do. Hard to beleive that I know. Sometimes when I worry about my own kids, (I know, hard to beleive, me, worrying, lol) But I have to tell myself that very thing, "God loves them more then you do Amy, so trust him with their little life."
I think I strayed from my original point to my friend.  :)

That dad, he's not crazy. He has a strong relationship with our big God, and knows that his son is in a much better place, that he WILL see him again, because God does not send any children to hell, baptized or not, and God has given him a peace that most can't understand. He has hope in the one true God that loves us so much.
If you don't know him, you might want to get to know him, you might just find that same peace.
I wrote about who God is in my last post, but I don't think I had shield in there. It's another to add to the list.
He's a comforter, councelor, friend, refuge, rescuer, deliverer, saviour. He's amazing.
Let me just throw this out there too, if you have questions, please feel free to email me at Insanelyblessed@gmail.com .
I do not have ALL the answers, but If you want to know Christ, I can probably give you a little advice how to get started on that. :) Much love and blessing to you.

No comments: