About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Worry.

Worry~ God doesn't want us to worry. Worry is useless. It's defeating. It's terrible for us. It effects our health, it takes over our days, it makes us miserable, and it does no good.
Worry is an action that takes our eyes off God. It says to God that we don't trust him.  That he can't handle it. It's a sin.
God tells us over and over in his word not to worry and to trust in him.

Matthew 6:27-
And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?

Philippians 4:6-
do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.


In one of my books the author reminds us that when God says do not worry, he is commanding us not to worry. Not suggesting it. It's not advice, it's a command!

Sometimes I have to wonder, when am I going to get it? When am I going to overcome my bad habit of worry?



The more I think about it, the more I think God allowed cancer in my life to teach me one main thing, to TRUST HIM.



I've written about this so many times how my my mom got cancer and died when I was 11, and I've always had the fear that I would get cancer, and of course I did! lol.



I was always an anxious child, I'm sure my dad can attest to that. I was always the girl that felt weak, and alone and scared and always looking for someone to hook on to. As I look back in my life, I see all the times I used friends and boyfriends for saviors. Just someone who was "there" for me, so I wasn't alone.



If only I had known Christ growing up as a teenage girl, my life could have been so different, maybe that's why I have such a heart for younger women, I want them to have what I didn't, Jesus.



I am one of those people who it takes me awhile to get something. I have to do it over and over and over to get it. I guess the good thing is , that I do keep trying and not give up. lol.

Yesterday morning I was reading my daily devotional and it says this, " Fear and anxiety still plague you"  huh, that's interesting. How does the devotional book know that? lol.  This is just another one of God's great gifts, he knows how to speak to us through others. :)  So it goes on to say, "Affirm your trust in ME".  That's huge. That is where my big struggle is. Honestly, I do get this, and I do trust him. I know God loves me, and only wants what is best for me, and only allows things that will make me more like Christ, and a stronger follower, but some days, well I forget. That's the thing, I need to make it a point DAILY to remind myself who God is. Daily, like every single morning. Every single new day when I wake up I need to remind myself who is in charge of my life. This is where I fail. When I get too busy to spend time with him, too busy with life, my mind wanders, and the evil one can fill my brain with lies.
The book says, "Blazing missiles of fear fly at you day and night; these attacks from the evil one come at you relentlessly."  That is a good way to look at it.  If I am not taking up my shield of faith daily and filling my mind with Jesus, it leaves me empty for him to fill me up with lies.  He's so full of lies. He will tell me that I still have cancer, that I'm not doing enough, that I'm not healed, that I need to obsess about it, that God is not big enough, that God is not there, God does not love me, on and on and on!  If I am not in the bible and praying,  that is what happens. Fear sets in.   The point is, Jesus is my comforter, my friend, my healer, my everything, and can be yours too. He is all I need. If I start to worry I need to pray. I need to get out my bible and read it, and I need to TRUST him.



Proverbs 3:5~

Trust in the Lord with all your heart.

Psalm 2:12~

Blessed are all those who put their trust in him.


 
In Matthew 6:25-34 there are six reasons for us not to worry~

1. You are valuable to God. Vs 26
2. Your situation is under God's control, not yours. vs 27
3. You will be taken care of. vs 28-30
4. Your needs are known to God. vs 31-32
5. Your pursuits should focus on God. vs 33
6. Your life should be lived one day at a time. vs 34

See, if we just keep ourselves in God's word, we will read, know, and remember these things.  On days when I don't feel like rolling out of bed at 5:30 I need to remember why I NEED to. I need that time with God to fill my mind with his goodness.

Here's a wonderful verse and reminder to close with.


Jeremiah 17:7-8~

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,

whose trust is the LORD.

He is like a tree planted by water,

that sends out its roots by the stream,

and does not fear when heat comes,

for its leaves remain green,

and is not anxious in the year of drought,

for it does not cease to bear fruit."







No comments: