About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Simple pleasures we take for granted

If you wouldn't mind, I could use some prayers during my recovery time. I have been having a rough few days at home. I don't know if it's the food that I'm getting through the feeding tube, or the pain medicine or what it is, but something is making me feel ill most of my day.
My tongue also doesn't seem to be getting any less swollen, it is so hard to talk. 
This is just another thing that I realized I took for granted on a daily basis before. Talking. How important and what a blessing it is to be able to talk when you want to talk!
Having to write everything down when you want to say something is very frustrating, not only for me, but for my kids and husband and everyone else.
I wrote down this morning some simple pleasures that I took for granted before~

Swallowing in general
Having coffee in the morning is a pleasure I really miss
Being able to read to my kids
Being able to answer the phone!
Ability to respond to kids or husband when they ask me a question
Being able to call doctors myself and ask questions or let them know what I need.
The ability to yell for Kevin or kids when I need them.

When you can't do these simple little things anymore it really makes you realize how important it was to be able to do it in the first place.
We take so much for granted when we are healthy, that is for sure.
It's pretty easy to see what all our blessings were when they are taken away from us, even simple things like swallowing or talking, they are very hard to live without!

Kevin may be enjoying the fact that I cant' talk I'm not sure. lol. But he's having to make a lot of phone calls to doctors for me and such, and he is not a talkative person, so it's growing him a bit in this area too. I'm ready for my tongue to be back to normal now. :)

Thank you for praying!!


The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
       to the one who seeks him;
Lamatations 3:25

No comments: