About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I"m 40.

Wow. I can't believe I'm 40! lol. 6 months ago I said I wasn't going to celebrate this birthday. I told my son, I am going to stay 39. I am skipping any further birthdays. :)
But my tune changed when I was diagnosed with the cancer, and let me tell you, today I  am more then happy to turn 40! I feel blessed to be here! 
I am praising the good Lord above that I am healed from the cancer and able to be here today, and enjoy my family, spend my day with my kids, and eat food! Praise God!
I think it's normal that we all complain about getting old and what comes with it, and not wanting to get old, and we moan and groan about stupid petty little stuff, but when something like cancer strikes, things change!
One day last week, we were at Jake's school for registration, (my one child that won't home school) and I was in between two ladies who were very ticked off about the school fees they have to pay at a public school. They were going back and forth talking about it , while me and my kids were in the middle of them and had no choice but to listen. They had their mad faces on, and some angry words were coming out of their mouths. Me and my son just looked at each other like, "what the heck?"  Then we went to the grocery store after that, we saw two separate families, where the parents were also very crabby and angry at their kids.  Again, Jake and I looked at each other, and Jake said, " I think they need Jesus in their life". Amen little man! I was impressed with a 13 year old for noticing and saying that.
We just ran into person after person who was cranky that day. I am not saying I don't have days when I am cranky. But there are a lot less of those days then their used to be. I stress about the small stuff a lot less then I used to. It is just not important in the grand scheme of things. When those two were complaining about school fees what was going through my head was, "who cares! I'm just glad to be standing in this line!" lol.
I wish I could write more, but my little Gracie is awake on the couch waiting for me to come watch cartoons with her. I can't think of anything I'd rather do right now. :)

Oh, and by the way, I have started another blog to share what I am learning on health and nutrition since the cancer. Put it in your favorites!! Become a fan!

love you all. 

No comments: