About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Friday, May 7, 2010

Praising God

Last night we had women's bible study,  it's one of my most favorite things to do, hang out with the girls and talk about Jesus. We always seem to have such great conversation and I feel closer to these girls after every study. Last night our study was about attitude and praising God.  Sometimes we forget to praise God. Actually a lot of the time we forget to praise God.
Sometimes we tend to look at our big God as a genie in the sky, we just throw up our requests and wait for him to answer our prayers, and when he doesn't he is no longer such a good God.
I am guilty of this. I can go days without counting my blessings or looking for God in my daily activities. He's always there, I just  need to look for him.
I've decided that everyday I am going to look for things I can praise him for, and try to remember to blog about it.
Although I've had my share of hard days latley with "Frank" I can think of some positive things that have came out of getting this lump.
For one, I have completley changed my eating habits. I am no longer eating junk, and to be honest, I feel pretty good eating healthy and so far, he is helping me not to miss the sweets too much. Last night, I passed up eating cookies, which is pretty big for Ms. Sweet tooth that I am.
There's a blessing right there.
Also, thinking that Frank could potentially be cancer, has really helped me to appreciate the small things in life, like sitting in a chair in the backyard, enjoying the sunshine, and ignoring my housework. lol.
It's made me take more time to watch and enjoy my kids, and look at them with more love then ever before. The small things they do that used to irritate me just don"t irritate me so much anymore. I feel thankful to  be alive and with them.
God is good. He has brought me to realize how precious our time here is, and that it can be taken away from us so easily. Not to take things for granted, I appreciate my husband more, and the sacrifices he makes for our family. Pretty amazing what a lump named frank can do. Pretty amazing that I am comforted, even in a time when I could be full of anxiety. God is good! as my sister in law Debbie always says. :)

No comments: