About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Friday, May 14, 2010

What does God want?

I was just sitting on the couch talking to my kids, and a thought came into my head about this whole "lump" thing. I've  been being pretty selfish, thinking about myself and my life, and what is going on with the lump, and not thinking so much about what GOD wants. It's been more about, what does Amy want? I don't want to get a biopsy, I don't want to feel pain, I don't want to have cancer, God please take this from me, please don't let this be cancer, please don't let me feel pain. It's all been about me!
I think I wrote about a book I was reading a few posts back, and the author says,  "God is more concerned with changing you to be a reflection of Christ then with solving all your problems"  Ouch.  How could I forget that in this time? I was too consumed with myself.
What does God want to use me for?  He allowed this lump in my neck for a reason, what is it? Have I been asking him how he wants to use this for his glory? I am now.
If this can give someone else hope, or bring someone else to Christ, or change someone elses life, then it's worth it. That is what God wants. I pray he uses me and this lump to help someone else.

and how could I forget this?

Romans 5:3-4
More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering  produces endurance, 4and endurance produces character, and character produces hope

I pray that Jesus uses whatever he is allowing me to go through today and ever day, to glorify him. To bring more people to know Jesus, more people to have faith in him, and hope in him.  
I should feel honored that he would choose me.

God is at work.

He loves me, and he loves all of his children. Maybe there is someone he is trying to reach through me?

We sang a song at church last Sunday, and the words were something like take my life, take all of me.
I sang it. Did I mean it?
Am I willing to give all of me to him to use for his glory?
I think so.
I hope so.
I pray that God changes my heart to be genuine for him, that I am willing to let him use me for whatever he needs to use me for.

Whom have I in heaven but you?
   And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
Psalm 73:25

No comments: