About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Saturday, July 3, 2010

Had another surgery on Thursday

The one night my sister didn't sleep over, of course, I started bleeding again. Woke up around 3am and could feel something in the back of my throat. I was afraid to turn the suction on because I didn't want to see blood. Well, it was blood. I ran upstairs and woke up Kevin and called 911. Seems like they take too long to get here for being 2 min down the road!
As usual by the time I got to the ER the bleeding had stopped, but the Dr said, this is the 4th time this has happened so we need to do something about it.
They called the ENT on call and decided to admit me. The Ent came to see me around 11am and said they should probably put me under and go down with a scope and cauterize where the bleeding is coming from.
They said around 3:30. The girl from the OR came to get me around 3:20 and I just started bleeding again!! Episode 5! I also starting gagging and throwing up.
They took me down, and let me sit up in the OR until they put me to sleep so I could keep spitting out the blood. Next thing you know, I'm waking up in the recovery room.
The surgery was supposed to take  about 15 min, but of course, he had problems. He said whenever they would put the tongue compressor in to hold my tongue down, the bleeding would stop, so they had a hard time finding out exactly where the bleeding was coming from. He said eventually they think they found it and he's pretty confident that he cauterized the right spot. I sure hope so!! 3 surgeries and 4 ambulance rides is plenty for me!! Can I please be done with this bleeding now and heal up??
I am afraid this is going to set me back with the feeding tube again, because now I have pain in my throat or tongue and it's hard to drink water again. Please pray the pain subsides so I can keep drinking water and learning how to swallow. If i can eat apple sauce by my apt on Thurs I will probably get this tube out, and I'm SO ready to get this tube out!!!
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, they mean a lot to me!!

love,
Amy

1 comment:

Debbie G said...

I am a glass half full person, sometimes, so here we go: You didn't choke. The surgeon thinks he fixed it. Surgery also eliminated the need for chemo and radiation. It is a long recovery but it beats a short road, if you know what I mean. I want you to get better because I have all the ingredients on hand for broccoli soup, unless I eat them again and need to rebuy them. Praying for your healing, for your patience in your recovery (I know...never pray for patience!), for yor endurance in this journey, which produces complete and fruitful knowledge of Jesus Himself. (Paraphrasing 2Peter 1:6-8'ish.) Love you, girl...keep plugging along.