About You

You are LOVED by God. There is nothing you can do, or can't do to make him love you more or less. He loves you because he loves you. Because you are His child.

YOU ARE~
Redeemed
Worthy
More then your past
Forgiven
Whole
Enough
Worth it
A treasure
Righteous
Free
Accepted
You matter.


Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Theme for the day?

This has nothing to do with my cancer, but I think God wants me to get something across today.
This morning I felt led to share that devotional, and now I was just doing my bible reading and feel led to share something else.
It wasn't too long ago that I had a friend say something to me about going to church, that she wanted to live the way she wanted to live, not by some rules of the church.
Sometimes people just dont' know enough about the Lord, or church, and they just come up with their own opinions of what it may be like. During my reading today, in Matthew again, I was reading about Herod, and how he had all the baby boys killed because he wanted baby Jesus dead, only because he didn't want him eventually becoming king and taking away his throne. In my commentary it says this ~
"Jesus didn't want Herod's throne, he wanted to be king of Herod's life. Jesus wanted to give Herod eternal life, not take away his present life."
If you are afraid of what you hear of going to church, or giving your life to Jesus, it's not all about rules and how you live your life. It's about accepting his gift of salvation, about spending eternity in heaven, about loving Jesus while you are here on earth, and knowing him. It's not about people at a church telling you what to do, or following rituals that are meaningless, it's about knowing and loving Jesus, and knowing how he loved you first, how he loves you now, about being a part of a church family, part of God's body , and loving each other and taking care of each other. That is what is about.
I don't know who I am writing this for, but God does.  I feel blessed that he wants to speak through me, to you, whoever you may be.

love you!

No comments: